Please Note: Art Therapy may look different with Telehealth services.
Please check the COVID-19 tab above for up to date information and requirements.
What Is Art Therapy?
Traditionally, Art Therapy is an expressive form of “talk therapy”. If you have difficulty finding the words when it comes to daily stress or anxiety, using the senses and sensory output (being creative or hands on with the materials) can be helpful in identifying and expressing your needs. In creating and discussing through art, it may be less stressful to recall memories or events alone. The act of creating can be mindful, meditative and relaxing from using repetitive movements. Art Therapy can also be used as a method of distraction from stress.
About Peace In Colorful Dynamics LLC:
- Peace in Colorful Dynamics LLC is a Mental Health Clinic with a specialization in Art Therapy. The clinic is owned and operated by Samantha Hanson LPC, ATR and is located in Appleton, WI.
- Having a combined treatment of both Mental Health Counseling and Art Therapy can give you an opportunity to add to your knowledge base and assist you in your journey to improved quality of life. Through assessment and analysis, each individualized treatment plan will be as unique as you are with a combined approach of artistic media and counseling.
- It took time for the anxiety to build; it will take time for the anxiety to decrease. Be it talking or creating, together we will find a way to help you live the life you deserve. Whether in person or through virtual counseling, we can both engage in creating during the appointment. All supplies will be provided for in-person sessions.
Peace in Colorful Dynamics LLC
- Serves Children ages 9+, Adolescents and Adults
- Individual sessions- However family members may be invited into the session if necessary alongside treatment.
- Common Concerns (not a complete list)
Uses the following approaches
- Art Therapy, Narrative Theory, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, (CBT), Use of Play in Therapy, Client Centered Therapy, and Family Systems
Click here to learn more about services offered.
If you are experiencing an emergency situation which requires immediate assistance please do not call the clinic, call 911 or your local crisis center.
About Samantha Hanson