(Samantha Appreciates your patience as she is updating the website – please be aware some things may not appear or work as they should and she is working on it)
All Sessions Can Be Offered In-Person Or Virtually
Please keep in mind this may change with state and health department regulations.
Individual Psychotherapy And Counseling Sessions:
Individual counseling sessions are available for children ages 10+, adolescence and adults. While I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, I also offer a combined approach utilizing my specialty of Art Therapy ( A form of DBT) techniques and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques. Each treatment plan is unique to the individual, we will discuss what you are looking for and what will help you be comfortable talking (or creating) in session. Art experience not needed prior to attending, and materials provided in session at no extra cost.
Family Psychotherapy and Counseling Sessions:
Family counseling sessions are available as needed alongside individual sessions of current clients.
Group Psychotherapy Sessions:
No groups currently run at this time, please let me know if you would be interested in a group and being placed on a waitlist.
Life Coaching Services
Samantha Hanson is now a certified Clini-Coach! Clinician-Coach, for those who may not need clinical assistance with concerns , but still need guidance in moving forward from a professional trained to handle stress as it comes up. Click here for more info!
- Package of individual sessions – Can be flexible as to meeting in the office, at your favorite coffee shop or virtually!
- Small groups as Services grow!
Types of payment for coaching services?
- Insurance not accepted
- Cash , Square and Stripe for credit/debit cards accepted
Why is Coaching listed Separately? – Samantha has been informed through her liability insurance that the services while similar and under her scope of expertise , they are still different enough for safety reasons that they need to have different discussions to make sure the service is correct for the individual. Paperwork, policies and documents will reflect these differences to ensure the client is aware which service they are signing up for and can be referred out to the proper service if necessary. Clients can not be both therapy and coaching clients at the same time, even if coaching skills or therapy skills are implemented at the appropriate time in ones sessions they are utilizing the coaching service over all or the therapy service.
Video sessions will continue to be offered as an alternative to in person visits to current clients.
We encourage the following rules:
- Avoid bringing anyone not directly affecting our time together (siblings/family/friends) to wait for you in the common area(s). If they need to come along, please limit their time in the common areas, or encourage them to hang out in the car.
- Please arrive at, or slightly before, your session time.
- Please practice hygiene as suggested by the governing bodies. Wash your hands (20 seconds or longer (hint sing the ABC’s 2x) and use sanitizer when/where available.
- Stay Home If You Or Anyone In Your Household Are Sick! – please contact Samantha prior to arriving session if you are experiencing ill symptoms to determine switching to virtual or rescheduling appointment.
- We can schedule via video if you’re sick or someone at your home is sick – just need a high speed internet connection (home Wi-Fi or 4G or better cellular signal)
If you prefer to not venture out, this is absolutely your choice and potentially a smart one. However, before doing so — please reach out to your insurance company and inquire if telehealth/video counseling is covered by your insurance plan. Here is a sample of how to ask:
- Hello [insert insurance company] agency worker, my name is [state your name]. I am currently engaging in counseling services in the state of Wisconsin, and would like to verify that my plan allows telehealth or video counseling. The billing codes 90834 or 90837 will be used – and my therapist has set up a secure video platform to see me. If they confirm that they allow this type of session, please ask for what is called a “Modifier” – usually a 2-digit code like: GT or 96. As we move forward this platform (video counseling) is available to nearly everyone who is working with me, and I am confident that it is only temporary, although it can be a valuable tool for us to connect we work through your unique struggles. If you have questions, please make sure to reach out and ask via email